Complete your skin-care routine with Essence, Emulsion, Moisturizer and Cream.
Only a meticulous and lengthy regimen focuses on refreshing, toning and moisturizing the skin, bringing optimum natural beauty in the long run.
Toning is one of the most important parts of Korean skincare, especially right after the cleansing. Some professional beauty specialists recommend using a toner after double cleansing, toning helps to remove the remaining skin impurities (such as layers of makeup) that a cleanser can’t remove.
There are so many Korean toners that you could choose from, some contain rich textures and some of them contain light textures. Depends on the main ingredient and its function. But these Korean Toners are to keep your skin slightly moisturized after cleansing and help you to absorb the moisturizers better right after.
What do the Toners do?
1. Tighten Facial Pores
The larger pores would carry more dust, oils, and toxins that would cause skin infection and irritation. By applying the right toner, the size of your facial pore can be slightly reduced, as well as remove dirt and impurities – Keeping your skin fresh and hydrated.
2. Maintain a Well-balanced Skin pH
It’s important to maintain a balanced pH on your skin as it minimizes oils and infection on your facial skin - creating a radiant and glowing appearance.
Normally, a healthy skin pH balance should be slightly acidic and around 5 to 6. This pH level could keep the moisture in and the bacteria out. If your skin is losing balance or is too alkaline, it will look flaky and red; if the skin is too acidic, the chance of getting inflammatory (such as acne and eczema) will increase.
3. Less Prone to Acne and Breakout
If you are prone to acne, applying a soothing or acne-prone toner/emulsion can help repair your skin surface. These products remove accumulated dirt, dead skin cells, and oil buildups as well as use soothing ingredients like Centella to soothe the inflammatory situation and prevent breakout and other facial blemishes.
4. Hydrate Skin
If you properly moisturize and hydrate your skin, you are less likely to get saggy facial skin. Besides, applying toners can moisturize your face and keep you with a young-looking appearance. Toners and emulsions would be great products to provide enough hydration to your skin, giving you a glowing and radiant look.
How to Choose the Right Toner?
There are 2 things that you need to know before you try on the toner.
Your Skin Type
Choose the right toner that fits your skin type to have a better result.
- Oily/Combination Skin: Try a toner that eliminates oil, also exfoliates the face, and minimizes the appearance of pores.
- Dry Skin: Try toner that contains brightening, hydrating and moisturizing ingredients if you find your skin is dull or dehydrated.
- Sensitive Skin: If you find your skin is easy to get irritation, you need to be aware of the ingredients of the toner you choose, suggest choosing non-irritating, fragrance-free toner.
Organic and herbal skincare products are now the finest on the market. In these products, you'll find soothing and nourishing natural components. Toners made from natural components include:
- Green Tea: Antioxidant-rich green tea has long been used as a skin toner because of its rejuvenating effects on the skin.
- Aloe Vera: While Aloe Vera is known for its calming properties, it also provides a hydrating boost to the skin.
- Tea Tree Oil: Traditionally, tea tree oil was utilized for skin balance and buildup removal from the skin's surface. In addition to renewing and leaving a matte finish, it helps diminish the appearance of pores.