Dry skin is a skin type characterized by a lack of moisture and natural oils in the skin. It can appear flaky, tight, and dull, and can be prone to itching and redness.
Farmstay Collagen Water Full Moist Deep Cleansing Foam (180ml)Vendor:Regular price $9.00Regular priceUnit price per
Farmstay Cica Farm Acne Foam Cleanser (180ml)Vendor:Regular price $9.00Regular priceUnit price per
$13.00Sale price $9.00Sale
Farmstay Peptide 9 Super Vitalizing Cleansing Foam (180ml)Vendor:Regular price $15.00Regular priceUnit price per
Farmstay Hyaluronic Acid Moist and Mild Gel Foam (200ml)Vendor:Regular price $9.00Regular priceUnit price per
Farmstay Collagen Water Full Moist Cleansing Tissue Set (30 sheets x 3)Vendor:Regular price $10.00Regular priceUnit price perSold out
Farmstay Collagen Water Full Moist Cleansing Balm (95ml)Vendor:Regular price $20.00Regular priceUnit price per
Farmstay Cleansing Oil in Water Collagen (300ml)Vendor:Regular price $6.00Regular priceUnit price per
$16.00Sale price $6.00Sale
Farmstay Cica Farm Special Mini Kit of 4Vendor:Regular price $10.00Regular priceUnit price per
$19.00Sale price $10.00Sale
Farmstay Cica Farm Calming Cleansing Balm (95ml)Vendor:Regular price $20.00Regular priceUnit price per
Causes of dry skin
The cause of dry skin can be due to a variety of factors including:
- Genetics: Some people may be more prone to dry skin due to their genetic makeup.
- Environmental factors: Exposure to cold, windy, or low-humidity environments can cause the skin to lose moisture.
- Aging: As we age, the skin's natural oil production decreases, making the skin more prone to dryness.
- Medications: Certain medications, such as diuretics, antihistamines, and retinoids, can cause dry skin as a side effect.
- Skin conditions: Certain skin conditions, such as eczema and psoriasis, can make the skin dry skin.
- Skincare routine: Using harsh or over-drying skincare products, such as those that contain alcohol, can cause the skin to become dry.
- Hot showers and baths: Long, hot showers or baths can strip the skin of its natural oils, making it dry and itchy.
It's important to note that not everyone who has dry skin will experience all of these factors. Additionally, certain lifestyle choices like not drinking enough water or taking long hot showers/baths. can also contribute to the development of dry skin.
It can be challenging to care for dry skin, as even the most moisturizing skin care products and environmental factors can cause irritation. People with dry skin should use gentle, fragrance-free, and non-comedogenic products, and avoid harsh scrubs or exfoliants. Consult a dermatologist can be helpful in developing a plan.
How to care for dry facial skin?
Here are some tips to help care for dry facial skin:
- Use a gentle, fragrance-free, and non-comedogenic cleanser: Avoid using harsh soaps or scrubs as they can strip the skin of its natural oils.
- Moisturize regularly: Apply a moisturizer immediately after cleansing, while the skin is still damp, to lock in moisture. Look for products that contain glycerin, hyaluronic acid, or ceramides, which can help to attract and retain moisture in the skin.
- Exfoliate gently: Use a gentle exfoliating product, such as a chemical exfoliant or a physical exfoliant with soft beads, to remove dead skin cells and improve the skin's ability to absorb moisturizer.
- Avoid hot showers and baths: Long, hot showers or baths can strip the skin of its natural oils.
- Use lukewarm water instead and limit your shower time to 10-15 minutes.
- Use a humidifier: A humidifier can help to add moisture to the air, which can help to keep the skin hydrated.
- Protect your skin from the elements: Use a gentle sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher to protect your skin from the sun's harmful rays, and wear a scarf or a hat to protect your skin from the wind and sun.
Should I use specialized cleansers for dry skin?
Using a specialized cleanser for dry skin can be beneficial as it addresses the specific needs of this skin type. A cleanser for dry skin may contain ingredients such as glycerin, hyaluronic acid, and ceramides, which can help to attract and retain moisture in the skin. They may also be formulated to be gentle, fragrance-free, and non-comedogenic, which means they will not strip the skin of its natural oils or cause irritation.
Hydro Jelly Modeling Mask
Perilla - For Problematic SkinShop Now
# Soothing & moisturizing # Strenthening # Restoration
Perilla Modeling Mask contains botanical extracts such as perilla leaf, basil leaf, tea tree leaf and Centella Asiatica to help soothe, restore and strengthen the defences of problematic skin to make skin healthy.
Rose - For Dull SkinShop Now
#SkinToneUp #Moisturizing #Cooling & soothing
It contains extracts such as rose, mulberry bark, goji berry, and niacinamide to supply moisture and nutrition, improve skin texture, relieve pigmentation, and brighten the skin from the inside out.
Propolis - For Aging SkinShop Now
# Nourishing &Moisturizing # Anti-acne # Strengthening # Anti-aging
Propolis Gel Mask formulated with Jeju buckwheat honey, royal jelly, and green propolis provides moisture and nutrition to the skin, strengthens the skin barrier and helps to prevent aging, making the skin moist and smooth.